TRAVEL MOMENT SARDINIA
As another exotic James Bond location for The Spy Who Loved Me, Sardegna was an alluring destination. The Italian island is famous for the emerald coast or in translation the Costa Smeralda. Between the north coast of Sardegna and the French island of Corsica, lies the Arcipelago di La Maddalena. The setting is spectacular with the continued emerald hues of the ocean that deepened to a royal blue surrounding the islands of granite formations that looked rugged yet smooth. As you sail in between the islets, there are many secluded beaches to be discovered. In the shallows, the water is like glass and you can observe the tiny sea life swimming around your feet.
IN SUMMARY | What you need to know….
– LOCATION – Sardegna, Italy Europe
- STAY – Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro
Via dei Gabbiani, Golfo Aranci
– ROOM – Compact Sea View Room
– PRICE TAG – Moderate
– TOUR – La Maddalena Boat Tour inc transfers from Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro – EUR 59.00 per person
– FLY – Emirates – Sydney to Roma Fiumicino and Meridiana – Roma Fiumicino to Olbia
All photos by Mel McLeod ©